The Enterprise Adviser Network (EAN) pairs business volunteers with schools/colleges to build employer engagement plans. The Network creates powerful, lasting connections between local businesses and the schools & colleges in their area.
The Network is delivered locally in partnership with the 38 Local Enterprise Partnerships across England. These networked schools are able to motivate young people, support them in making informed choices about their future and help them achieve their full potential, both in and out of school.
The EAN looks for and matches senior leaders in business (including the self-employed) who volunteer as Enterprise Advisers. As an Enterprise Adviser, you will work with a local secondary school and its careers team and governors to help the school develop and enhance their careers plan.
The Network is run in accordance with the following benchmarks:
- Every school and college should have an embedded programme of career education and guidance that is known and understood by pupils, teachers, governors and employers.
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of workplaces
- Encounters with Further and Higher Education
- Personal guidance