Institute of Hospitality endorses Alternative Education Programme
The Institute of Hospitality is pleased to announce that endorsement has been confirmed for the Turtle Dove Cambridge Certificate in Introduction to Hospitality Operations provided by Turtle Dove Cambridge, a Community Interest Company (CIC) and social enterprise offering support to young women in the Cambridge area.
The Professional Review Panel commend the programme for providing a valuable contribution both to the professional development opportunities for young women and as alternative education provision for those who find difficulties in engaging with mainstream education. In providing supportive work experience opportunities this also encourages the soft skills that are so essential for the industry and which enhance the students own personal development.
The panel also commend:
- the expertise and experience of the staff at Turtle Dove Cambridge
- the number of face-to-face discussions that take place with a student
- the variety of tools used to measure the student’s emotional well-being
- the range of different work experience opportunities provided
- the opportunity to study online in subject areas perhaps not encountered at school
- the quality assurance and review systems used by Turtle Dove Cambridge
Kate Nation, Managing Director and Co-founder said “We are delighted that our Alternative Education Programme has been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality. For the young women who will gain a Turtle Dove Cambridge Certificate in Introduction to Hospitality Operations, this will add credibility, respectability, recognition and esteem to their learning and efforts. This endorsement will, most importantly, enhance their employment chances and opportunities which is invaluable.
Find out more about the Turtle Dove Cambridge Alternative Education Programme.