Join the Education Membership Scheme
Our Education Membership Scheme (EMS) offers the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism (HLT) departments of universities and colleges, the opportunity to sponsor individual Institute membership for their students. One annual fee will secure membership for all of your current students.
Many hospitality schools across the world are already taking part and seeing their students and staff benefit from access to all of our specialist resources. We also bring educators and students together with hospitality employers, through our industry forums, careers fairs and various initiatives.
For universities and colleges, membership gives you:
- Use of the Institute’s proprietary resources – not obtainable anywhere else – to be copied and used as teaching materials for your students without violating copyright.
- Free access to the Institute’s Management Standards, which can be used for mapping academic courses, aligning teaching with the industry’s expectations regarding skills and assisting students in the preparation of CVs.
- A range of benefits for your students, including access to information to assist their studies and prepare them for a successful start to their career.
- Invitations to attend our popular student and graduate events and connect your students with leading hospitality employers.
- The opportunity to raise your profile and highlight your university/college, your programmes and students via the Institute’s website and social media channels.
- A way to show your support for and be part of the Industry’s only global professional body.
When you join, you will be listed on our website and be given a special ‘Institute of Hospitality – Education Membership Scheme’ logo to place on your website. We will also provide information to pass onto your students to encourage them to sign up to the scheme and start making the most of the resources and benefits you have purchased for them.
Webinar – If you would like to schedule a webinar presentation to give your students and staff an overview of the scheme, and instructions on how they can individually register, please contact Tracey Appleby on +44 (0)20 8661 4930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What some of our EMS members think:
“The University of Greenwich is proud to have joined the Institute of Hospitality’s Education Membership Scheme (EMS). This free for students membership will give them access to valuable industry resources and contribute toward their academic and professional journey. At Greenwich, we are devoted to helping students move into high-quality, graduate-level jobs, which will be further enhanced through the EMS by bringing students into contact with hospitality industry professionals through the mentoring scheme and networking events.” Maria Gebbels, Ph.D. MSc MIH, Lecturer in Hospitality Management, University of Greenwich, UK
“EMS has been an invaluable element in establishing a professional outlook amongst the students at Plymouth Business School. The access to the online books and ejournals has been widely appreciated by the final year undergraduates carrying out research-based coursework and honours projects.” Mike Turner FIH, Lecturer Foodservice Systems, University of Plymouth, UK
“Electronic resources are not only a solution to difficult accessibility, space issues or other physical matters; they are tomorrow’s business models. Knowledge is no longer embodied in a purely physical form: it is accessible by more professionals in more ways than ever.” Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Switzerland
For further information and to join the Education Membership Scheme contact:
Tracey Appleby, Professional Development Executive
Tel: +44 (0)20 8661 4930