Institute of Hospitality accredits programmes in Dubai
The Institute of Hospitality is delighted to announce that accreditation has been awarded to programmes offered by the Dubai College of Tourism, a vocational tourism college located in central Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Accreditation has been awarded for five years, to eight certificate and diploma programmes in the fields of culinary arts, events, hospitality, and tourism, in recognition of the quality of vocational learning provision and opportunities available to students.
The Professional Review Panel commend the vocational nature and the quality of the programmes and, in particular:
- the comprehensive evidence provided that clearly demonstrates programmes are well-designed
- the detailed and well-considered adjustments made in response to the challenges of COVID-19
- the support given to students, especially in the areas of professional skills development
- the innovative approach to maintaining industrial placements
- the strong relationships with industry
- the quality and comprehensive nature of quality management policies and procedures
Essa Bin Hadher, General Manager, Dubai College of Tourism said “The Dubai College of Tourism is delighted to have our Certificate and Diploma programmes in Tourism, Hospitality, Events and Culinary Arts accredited by the Institute of Hospitality. This provides our students and stakeholders with confidence that our locally developed curriculum meets international professional standards and will provide students with the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to gain employment in the industry.”
Peter Ducker FIH, Chief Executive, Institute of Hospitality said, “It is a pleasure to welcome the Dubai College of Tourism and to award accreditation to their programmes. The College operates with the highest quality and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, has shown great innovation and adaptability. I look forward to working with them in the future.”
Institutions can find out more about the benefits of accreditation and register their interest.