Equal Opportunities Statement: The Institute of Hospitality is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
There are currently no vacancies for roles with the Institite of Hospitality.
Visit our jobs board to view vacancies within the hospitality industry.
Current vacancy at the Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality (CTH)
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE – HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT QUALIFICATIONS
Line Manager: Academic Director
Line Responsibility: None
CTH, the Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality, is an Ofqual-recognised Awarding Organisation established in 1982 specialising in gold standard qualifications for the hospitality, culinary, travel & tourism sectors.
Outline of the Role: A full-time, or part-time role (three or four days a week), working in Central London close to Selfridges and Marks & Spencer. We are offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with a small but happy team. The Learning & Development Executive is part of the Academic Department within CTH and assists the Academic Director in the associated responsibilities of developing, designing and assessing hospitality and tourism qualifications. A key part of the role is helping to manage the assessment and marking processes for the qualifications for which they are responsible. Compliance and monitoring and maintaining standards are at the core of everything we do.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Moderate qualifications that are assessed by examination and portfolio (excluding culinary qualifications), including written feedback to the team of CTH exam markers and entre assessors, and the production of a summary report for the Academic Director.
- Liaise with and deputise for the CTH lead assignment moderator.
- Maintain records of results over time and assessments.
- Assist the Academic Director in ensuring that CTH qualifications are contemporary, fit for purpose and meet the needs of industry and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organisation.
- Work with the Academic Director to develop assessments that appropriately assess the learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the modules within a qualification to ensure fairness and consistency with CTH academic standards over time and meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure CTH qualification documents are current and fit for purpose.
- Act as a source of advice for centres/colleges on CTH qualifications and their delivery and assessment.
- Build relationships with CTH qualification providers.
- Assist in keeping CTH policy documents current and fit for purpose.
- Periodically write articles for the CTH website and newsletters on course delivery and exam techniques and assignment preparation.
- Personal development – to ensure they remain up to date with current events in education and assessment and regulatory requirements.
- Act as Deputy for the Academic Director in any of their duties when requested.
- Inform CTH of any conflicts of interest that may arise during the course of their duties.
- Hospitality industry experience to at least junior/mid management level.
- Experience of delivering training within a hotel or hospitality business.
- Degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent.
- Demonstrable word processing, proofreading, data entry, spreadsheet and email skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of assessment and internal verification.
- Experience of qualification development, assessment and awarding.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, including the Ofqual General Conditions of Recognition.
- Track record of working within further or higher education.
To apply and for further info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)20 7258 9850