HOURS: 35 hours per week
LOCATION: Institute of Hospitality, Sutton, Surrey
SUMMARY OF POST:
The Institute of Hospitality (IoH) is the world’s leading professional body for hospitality professionals. Our purpose is to promote professionalism through lifelong learning. We inspire hospitality professionals to perform at their very best and earn the recognition they deserve. Our 12,500-strong membership includes students, apprentices and hospitality management professionals across the world.
We are seeking an individual experienced in customer service and CRM to oversee membership applications and subscriptions and help to assist our members with day-to-day queries.
The Membership Administrator will report to the Head of Marketing & Membership and will play a key role in the smooth running of membership operations. They will be responsible for the maintenance of membership and subscription records on the CRM system and will provide reports and information as required by the management team. The Membership Administrator will be the first port of call for all enquiries, process new membership applications and manage the administration of subscriptions collections.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining the membership database and sensitively handling all member data.
- Processing changes to member contact details and payment methods.
- Processing new membership applications, including registering details on the CRM system, and producing and sending out membership packs (letter, card and certificate).
- Processing direct debit payment applications and membership payments received by cheque, credit card (PayPal and phone) and the GoCardless system.
- Updating all membership records including reinstatements, upgrades, lapsings and resignations.
- Producing monthly cash figures and reconciling with cash book figures.
- Producing monthly reports to timetabled deadline as required for the Finance team.
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing & Membership on membership renewals processing including the annual campaign, issuing invoices and receipts, sending monthly renewal invitations for recent joiners, and the quarterly BACS payment collection.
- Responding to all membership and subscription enquiries via telephone, email, website live chat and post.
- Assisting members with technical support enquiries relating to the website and app to access our resources.
- Maintaining ‘Hospitality Quarterly’ magazine subscribers including issuing reminders and supplying data.
- Responsible for handling all incoming calls to the office switchboard and re-directing calls as required.
- Making outgoing calls to members as and when required, including for the collection of payments.
- Managing the office post – incoming and outgoing. This includes drop off at post box and visits to the post office as and when required for special deliveries and recorded international post.
- Any other administrative tasks as and when required by the Head of Marketing & Membership and Membership & Branch Officer.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of working in a similar administrative and customer facing role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent standard of numeracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, especially Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience of working with databases/CRM systems and an understanding of GDPR.
- Experience of processing payments and keeping financial records.
- Ability to manage incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Evidence of sound administrative skills. Show us that you have experience of working with information and following processes in an accurate and careful manner.
- Comfortable with using the internet and social media for research purposes when tracking ‘lost’ members.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively across all areas of the Institute.
- Experience of Go Cardless direct debit payment collection.
- Experience of working in a membership based organisation.
- An interest in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail across all tasks.
- Highly motivated with an outgoing and positive attitude.
- Able to respond courteously and effectively to incoming requests from internal and external contacts at all levels, via telephone, email and in person.
- Able to remain calm and professional in any personal interaction and able to spot potentially difficult situations and alert colleagues accordingly.
- Able to manage multiple tasks to differing daily and weekly deadlines.
- Confident in making outgoing calls to members.
- Adaptable, resourceful, resilient and with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities both for members of the Institute and in the workplace.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
The Institute of Hospitality is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The salary is £20,000 -£22,000 per year dependent upon experience
The working hours are 35 per week
Membership of the Institute of Hospitality including access to lifestyle and shopping discounts
The Counting House, 14 Palmerston Road, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4QL
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your CV with a covering letter matching your experience to the skills and knowledge required, to Joanne Smith, Head of Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org
23 April 2021