Marketing & Communications Executive
HOURS: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, with working from home flexibility
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Marketing & Membership
CLOSING DATE: 29th August 2018
INTERVIEWS: Week commencing 10th September 2018
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Marketing & Communications Executive will manage and deliver the Institute’s communications activity and play an integral role in meeting membership acquisition and retention targets, as well as promoting events, products and services to both member and non-member audiences.
As part of the project teams for these activities they will create the communications plans, undertake audience research, develop website content, plan and deliver digital and off-line marketing activity, optimise campaign performance using google analytics, evaluate success, and produce monthly reports.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate and execute communications to the Institute’s current and potential stakeholders
- Produce all monthly membership email newsletters.
- Plan and deliver online marketing campaigns to promote the Institute’s calendar of events, including webinars and face-to-face events at national and local level.
- Support the membership team to deliver targeted campaigns to promote membership and encourage renewal, using both direct and digital marketing.
- End to end delivery of promotional material as and when required to support business needs, including design and print production.
- Manage the Institute’s attendance at key industry events and represent the Institute in person as and when required at events across the UK.
- Brief communications campaigns to the Institute’s social media agency to ensure effective and innovative use of all channels (Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram).
- Ensure all marketing materials adhere to the corporate identity.
- Uphold the IoH brand across all material, advising internal and external audiences on appropriate usage.
- Manage content on the website and champion good practice SEO.
- Work in co-operation with colleagues to deliver the Institute’s aims and objectives of promoting excellence, enhancing education and facilitating learning.
- Graduate with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly in an appealing and inspiring manner and appropriately for the audience.
- Ability to research & collate and interrogate information accurately and efficiently.
- Essential experience using Mailchimp and WordPress along with excellent IT skills including database interrogation, HTML design and understanding of Google Analytics.
- Commercial and sales driven approach to the role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and to manage a number of different projects at any one time ensuring commitments are delivered within budget and on time.
- Experience of operating across all social media platforms.
- Outgoing, flexible and innovative, cheerful and confident.
- Tenacious and diligent with a good head for detail.
- Experience of working in a professional membership organisation or charity desirable.
- CIM/IDM qualification desirable.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role of Marketing & Communications Executive, to Joanne Smith, Head of Executive Office on firstname.lastname@example.org