Equal Opportunities Statement: The Institute of Hospitality is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
HOURS: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, with working from home flexibility
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Marketing & Membership
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Marketing & Communications Executive will manage and deliver the Institute’s communications activity and play an integral role in meeting membership acquisition and retention targets, as well as promoting events, products and services to both member and non-member audiences.
As part of the project teams for these activities they will create the communications plans, undertake audience research, develop website content, plan and deliver digital and off-line marketing activity, optimise campaign performance using google analytics, evaluate success, and produce monthly reports.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate and execute communications to the Institute’s current and potential stakeholders
- Produce all monthly membership email newsletters.
- Plan and deliver online marketing campaigns to promote the Institute’s calendar of events, including webinars and face-to-face events at national and local level.
- Support the membership team to deliver targeted campaigns to promote membership and encourage renewal, using both direct and digital marketing.
- End to end delivery of promotional material as and when required to support business needs, including design and print production.
- Manage the Institute’s attendance at key industry events and represent the Institute in person as and when required at events across the UK.
- Brief communications campaigns to the Institute’s social media agency to ensure effective and innovative use of all channels (Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram).
- Ensure all marketing materials adhere to the corporate identity.
- Uphold the IoH brand across all material, advising internal and external audiences on appropriate usage.
- Manage content on the website and champion good practice SEO.
- Work in co-operation with colleagues to deliver the Institute’s aims and objectives of promoting excellence, enhancing education and facilitating learning.
- Graduate with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly in an appealing and inspiring manner and appropriately for the audience.
- Ability to research & collate and interrogate information accurately and efficiently.
- Essential experience using Mailchimp and WordPress along with excellent IT skills including database interrogation, HTML design and understanding of Google Analytics.
- Commercial and sales driven approach to the role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and to manage a number of different projects at any one time ensuring commitments are delivered within budget and on time.
- Experience of operating across all social media platforms.
- Outgoing, flexible and innovative, cheerful and confident.
- Tenacious and diligent with a good head for detail.
- Experience of working in a professional membership organisation or charity desirable.
- CIM/IDM qualification desirable.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role of Marketing & Communications Executive, to Joanne Smith, Head of Executive Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
HEAD OF FINANCE
HOURS: Up to 21 hours per week, (working week – Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm) with working from home flexibility
SALARY: Up to £50,000 pro rata dependent upon experience
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Head of Finance will be a senior finance professional with the ability to operate technically, commercially and strategically whilst maintaining and building strong relationships with the Board of Trustees and Senior Management Team.
Team management and supervisory experience will be essential to lead the team through month-end, year-end and annul budgeting as well as co-ordinating capital requirements, cash management and all aspects of compliance. The post holder will also hold the role of Company Secretary.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To lead and manage all areas of corporate finance
- To act as Company Secretary and maintain legal compliance for the Institute
- To advise on strategic financial planning and management
- To manage and develop the business plan as a member of the senior management team
- To liaise with the pension fund scheme administrators
- To fully manage the small finance team
- Advising the board of trustees’ on finance & compliance matters
- Production of annual accounts, budgets and management information
- Full ownership of forecasting and cash flow analysis.
- Responsible for compliance matters
- Responsibility for the Institute’s relationship with professional advisers
- Management of the financial committees
- Support the Chief Executive with both regular and ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis.
- To act as a commercial partner to the Chief Executive supporting all aspects of the management and leadership of the organisation
- To ensure appropriate processes and procedures are operationally in place for the finance team to successfully support the business.
- A suitable finance qualification
- Substantial financial management experience
- Extensive knowledge of current issues in the areas of finance and business
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent IT skills across all platforms
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven track record of delivering and meeting tight deadlines
- Must be comfortable working across a range of skills
- Must be flexible and able to multitask
- Availability to attend external events as required
- Membership organisation experience
- Charity experience
- Highly motivated with an outgoing and positive attitude.
- Tenacious and diligent with a good head for detail
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role of Head of Finance, to Joanne Smith, Head of Executive Office on email@example.com