Equal Opportunities Statement: The Institute of Hospitality is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
EXAMINER – TOURISM & HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMES
COMPANY – CTH (Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality)
HOURS: 2 days/week (office based, close to Bond Street tube station in Central London)
REPORTS TO: Academic Director
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Specialist Ofqual-recognised awarding organisation for Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary programmes is seeking a part-time, office based Examiner to work as part of a small team to manage and monitor the assessment, marking and quality assurance processes for hospitality and tourism qualifications from Levels 3 to 7. This includes handling external verification of UK and overseas centres, practising a validity-based approach to developing assessments and contributing to the review of qualification structures, content and assessment and delivery materials. The CTH Examiners assist the Academic Director in managing and monitoring all the assessment and marking processes for the qualifications for which they are responsible to ensure that students are assessed in a fair and consistent manner in relation to CTH academic standards and consistency of standards over time.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To moderate all non-culinary qualifications that are assessed by examination and portfolio, including written feedback to the team of CTH exam markers and centre assessors, and the production of a summary report for the Academic Director.
- To liaise with and deputise for the CTH lead assignment moderator.
- To maintain records of results over time and assessments.
- To assist the Academic Director in ensuring that CTH qualifications are contemporary, fit for purpose and meet the needs of industry and regulatory requirements.
- To develop assessments that appropriately assess the learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the unit and are fair and consistent with CTH academic standards over time and regulatory requirements.
- To assist in keeping CTH policy documents current and fit for purpose.
- To act as a source of advice for centres on CTH qualifications and their delivery and assessment.
- To write articles for the CTH website and newsletters to assist centres in the delivery of the qualifications, as well as for students to improve their exam techniques and assignment preparation.
- To ensure they remain up to date with changes within the sector and regulatory requirements.
- To act as Deputy for the Academic Director in any of their duties when requested.
- To inform CTH of any conflicts of interest that may arise during the course of their duties.
- Experience of delivering and/or assessing hospitality/tourism management programmes in FE/HE, ideally with IV responsibility. EV experience an advantage.
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance and maintaining standards
- Ideally experience of meeting regulatory requirements for vocational qualifications; knowledge/ experience of Ofqual an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in order to support delivery centres
- Ideally teaching and assessing qualifications required
- Experience of assessment and internal verification, EV experience an advantage.
- Experience of examining and awarding procedures for regulated qualifications.
- Experience, understanding and technical knowledge of the subject area for the qualifications for which they will be responsible.
- Experience, understanding and technical knowledge of further and higher education systems.
- Experience, understanding and technical knowledge in relation to qualification and assessment methodology development, awarding and assessment.
- Experience, understanding and technical knowledge of regulatory requirements, including the Ofqual General Conditions of Recognition.
- Experience of working in the Hospitality industry
- Qualifications in Hospitality Management
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a covering letter and CV to the Academic Director, Angela.Hagenow@cthawards.com at your earliest convenience.