Work experience is a vital part of the learning experience for any student. Understanding the hospitality workplace, business and industry are essential components that contribute to a successful educational experience.
HAVE means ‘Hospitality Adding Value for Employability’ and its materials help students who work part-time in the hospitality, leisure, and tourism industries learn how to:
- assess their own employability skills and personal attributes
- reflect on and develop their skills and attributes
- document and discuss their development and strengths to prospective employers
(e.g. in a curriculum vitae, job application or interview).
Download HAVE Information
- HAVE Information Pack Download (PDF)
- HAVE Case Studies Download (PDF)
- HAVE Personal Portfolio Download (Word Document)
For further information on work experience contact your college or university careers centre or, in the UK, try the following resources: