EMS - Be a Part of It!
The Institute of Hospitality Education Membership Scheme (EMS) offers the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism (HLT) departments of recognised or accredited universities and colleges the opportunity to obtain individual Institute membership and access extensive Institute resources and benefits for their currently enrolled HLT students for one annual fee*.
The Institute is an established professional body and registered educational charity representing individuals in the global hospitality industry whilst promoting the highest industry standards.
UK Scheme Members
International Scheme Members
For universities/colleges, EMS membership:
- confirms support for the industry's only global professional body for hospitality managers
- provides much needed support of the Institute, a registered educational charity and professional body
- allows the use of the Institute's proprietary resources - not obtainable anywhere else - to be copied and used as teaching materials for EMS students without violating copyright
- gives free access to the Institute's Management Standards, which can be used for mapping academic courses, aligning teaching with the industry's expectations regarding skills and assisting students in the preparation of CVs
- Provides the opportunity to highlight the EMS institution, its programmes and the students via the EMS Blog (http://iohems.blogspot.com).
To confirm membership to the Institute of Hospitality’s EMS programme, EMS colleges and universities:
- are listed on the Institute of Hospitality website with a website link
- will be provided with a special ‘Institute of Hospitality – Education Membership Scheme’ logo to place on their website
What our EMS members think:
"EMS has been an invaluable element in establishing a professional outlook amongst the students at Plymouth Business School. The access to the online books and ejournals has been widely appreciated by the final year undergraduates carrying out research-based coursework and honours projects." Mike Turner FIH, Lecturer Foodservice Systems, University of Plymouth, UK
"Electronic resources are not only a solution to difficult accessibility, space issues or other physical matters; they are tomorrow's business models. Knowledge is no longer embodied in a purely physical form: it is accessible by more professionals in more ways than ever." Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Switzerland
To start benefitting from Institute membership now, contact:
Sarah de Bouter, Relationship Co-ordinator (EMS)
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8661 4916
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8661 4901
* EMS rates are reviewed on an annual basis.