Hospitality Quarterly, the magazine for hospitality management professionals
HQ (formerly Hospitality magazine) is the Institute of Hospitality’s quarterly management magazine. Written for mid-level and senior managers in all sectors of the industry, HQ magazine strikes the perfect balance between the practical and the theoretical making its content accessible to everyone from CEOs to students. The magazine’s circulation is in excess of 13,500 readers per issue and its pass-on value ensures an even wider distribution.
HQ is now available via the new IoH Connect app.
HQ Magazine is the Institute of Hospitality’s exclusive membership publication. For our cover story ‘Will we learn our lesson?’ we consider to what degree hospitality education is buckling under pressure and look at what can be done to change current education trends.
A timeless tradition in hotels, but why does afternoon tea continue to pull in the crowds? We asked some of the experts why they feel so compelled to offer afternoon tea at their hotels. Hear from The Dorchester, Corinthia Hotel London, K West Hotel & Spa, The Savoy, The Berkeley, The Ritz London and Nobu Shoreditch.
How to Start a Street Food Business
The UK street food market is big business and growing at a much greater rate than the total fast-food market. Read our feature on how to start your own street food business.
Many businesses in the hospitality sector have suffered the consequences of mistakenly assuming that their IT provider is also looking after their cyber security, when in almost every case, they are not. We explain the differences between the two different functions.
Also in this issue:
- Meet our new president, Surinder Arora FIH, Founder and Chairman of The Arora Group
- Adam Rowledge FIH explores why people come to work and how employers need to think differently in order to attract and retain the best talent.
- Guy Hilton FIH shares memories of his whirlwind tour of Hope & Glory’s trusted tea gardens in Sri Lanka.
- Hospitality Action – a look at the work of the charity and how IoH members can help and get involved.
- The cost of talent management in the restaurant trade – Christian Brondum, CEO of Planday, looks at the challenges faced by the restaurant sector.
- Joe Youssef, EVP of corporate development at Amadeus Hospitality considers whether the the fully-automated hotel is the future of hospitality.
Get your copies
HQ is a benefit provided to members of the Institute as part of their annual membership subscription. They have free access to electronic articles from each issue of the magazine including past issues. HQ magazine can also be viewed and downloaded by members via the new IoH Connect app.
Non-members can subscribe to the magazine for an annual fee of £49. Alternatively, you may wish to join the Institute to obtain a subscription as well as access to a wide range of exclusive members-only benefits, educational resources, advice, and privileges.
For further information about HQ including advertising rates, features, and deadlines, view the Media Pack.
To secure your advertising partnership with the Institute of Hospitality or to discuss our other options, contact Don Phares on +44 (0)1474 520270 or email: email@example.com
The Institute operates within a framework of regular features categories. Organisations are encouraged to contact the Institute to discuss how they can gain professional recognition and exposure through HQ’s content. To share news, or to pitch ideas for content, email: firstname.lastname@example.org