27 January, 2021, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Each year WRAP hosts a member summit exclusively for the Courtauld Signatories to hear about progress and best practice in different areas of the food and drink industry.
This year, they have decided to open up to some of the sessions to a wider audience to give you the opportunity to hear from WRAP and industry representatives.
Join this session (one of two) to hear about the future expectations and challenges for food & drink businesses in tackling supply chain (scope 3) GHG emissions. WRAP will explore where and why we are focussing collaborative efforts under Courtauld, how this fits with other industry initiatives – and you will have the chance to question the speaker panel, inform the debate and influence our direction of travel.
Discussion topics will include:
- What targets have been set (or are in development) for the retail / HaFS / manufacturing sector on Net Zero – and what role will reducing supply chain emissions need to play in achieving these?
- How should food & drink businesses navigate this need?
- Given that retailers, hospitality & food service business and manufacturers often have shared suppliers and supply chains – how can the leads of sector initiatives best work together to make things easier for businesses?
- What are the future expectations on food & drink businesses for climate-related disclosures – and how could working together help?
- Proposals & next steps for developing a consistent set of Scope 3 Accounting Principles for UK Food & Drink businesses
The panel will include speakers from: ASDA, BRC, FDF, The Food Foundation, Pizza Hut Restaurants and Zero Carbon Forum.