Picking up the Pieces Part 1
8 September, 2020, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree - £10
This September, Dr. Hilary Cooke FIH will be presenting two webinars with IoH from the book Picking up the Pieces, a guide for leaders in the Hospitality Industry in a post-crisis world. This COVID crisis has ensured that the world of work will be different in the future and there is much that is still uncertain, but the pressure of people looking to their leaders for guidance is intense. For both opening and future operating there is a big management responsibility from a customer and operations perspective and it is vital that along with all the practical management of the operational aspects we are able to exhibit strong and coordinated leadership as we forge our way forward.
We are in a fast-moving state of change and if ever there was a time for a clear and well-formed strategy to lead your people to deliver the operational plans and guide the business back to health, it is now.
Picking up the Pieces Part 1
- Introduction – Understanding the transition process and its relevance
- Where are they coming from? Understanding behaviour in the current context
- Where are we going to? Considering your leadership direction and crafting new beginnings
- Understand the change process that you and your people are experiencing
- Identify the relevance of a strategy for leadership
- Recognise the most common defensive behaviours and routines
Who should attend:
- Anyone who has a leadership role. Team leaders, Heads of Department, Hotel Managers, Operations Managers, General Managers, Senior Executives, HR and L&D people
- Anyone who has an interest in why we feel and behave in the way that we do.
About Dr Hilary Cooke FIH:
A founding partner of Merlin Consultancy, Hilary is an award-winning executive coach, leadership trainer and facilitator with a special passion for the tourism, hospitality and leisure sector. She holds a PhD in Personnel and Development an MA in Human Resource Strategy, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality. Her research study was centred around leadership in the hospitality industry. An NLP Master Practitioner, one of only a handful of Master Facilitators of FIRO® Theory in the UK, and a Certified Human Element™ Trainer a combination of psychology, behavioural science and business experience helps her to lead individuals, teams and organisations to develop their key strengths.
Hilary is Course Director for the prestigious Master Innholders Aspiring Leaders Diploma and also runs programmes for the Institute of Leadership and Management – the UK’s leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications.
Most likely to say: Let’s give it go
Least likely to say: That’s not funny
Part 2 of this webinar will be held on Thursday 17 September – find out more. To attend both parts, please book onto each one separately.