F&B Cost Control
16 April, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£100 - £110
Workshop duration: One day
Training workshop content: With increasing pressure on the catering sector as increasing operating costs drive down margins, improving the control of key costs such as materials and payroll has never been more important.
Fluctuating food costs and the need to reduce wastage means that Food and Beverage Controllers need to ensure that every aspect of the purchasing cycle and the costing process is designed to maintain profitability.
Designed for all types of catering operations this workshop provides the opportunity to review your purchasing cycle in depth as well as ensuring selling prices are correct and gross profit margins maximised.
Divided into 7 key topic areas the workshop will cover:
• Best practise in purchasing and stock control.
• Menu planning, standard costing and gross profit management.
• Impact of sales mix and menu engineering.
• Wage and salary scheduling control.
• KPIs for Food and beverage control.
• Break even analysis for F&B outlets.
• Action plans for profit improvement.
The Trainer: This workshop will be delivered by Debra Adams MIH.
Further information regarding Institute of Hospitality organised training workshops:
- All workshops contribute to CPD hours.
- Bookings must be pre-paid. Confirmations will be sent along with any pre-course work when booking.
- All prices listed for the workshops include VAT at 20%.
- Cancellations only accepted up to 14 days before the workshop date.
- Workshops will only run if there are sufficient numbers and we reserve the right to cancel up to 14 days before with a full refund.
- All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Refreshments will be provided at the venue and lunch for those on a full day workshop.
- Delegates to make their own arrangements if they wish to stay over at the venues.