An Introduction to the Basics of Sound Revenue Management and KPIs
19 February, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£100 - £110
Workshop duration: One day
Training workshop content: This highly effective one-day workshop includes the following key areas and will de-mystify this key area of the business.
- An introduction to the basics of sound revenue management and KPIs
- Understanding Demand – what are Demand generators, and how to use data to measure and track demand.
- Pricing strategies in relation to the competitor set and market.
- The importance of Value to the customer and how this fits within the pricing strategy.
- The importance of guest experience and reputation.
- Managing distribution channels and related costs.
- Conclusion and review of learnings.
This training course will be delivered by Janel Clark MIH. With over 20 years experience in hotel reservations, revenue management and distribution, Janel brings her considerable knowledge of helping clients realise maximum profitability within several different business models. Prior to focusing on training, Janel has driven reservations and revenue growth for 3*, 4* and 5* hotels throughout UK and EMEA regions and has a proven track record of RevPAR growth in all markets. A confident and competent teacher with excellent training and communication skills, able to inspire and motivate.
Further information regarding Institute of Hospitality organised training workshops:
- All workshops contribute to CPD hours.
- Bookings must be pre-paid. Confirmations will be sent along with any pre-course work when booking.
- All prices listed for the workshops include VAT at 20%
- Cancellations only accepted up to 14 days before the workshop date.
- Workshops will only run if there are sufficient numbers and we reserve the right to cancel up to 14 days before with a full refund.
- All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Refreshments will be provided at the venue and lunch for those on a full day workshop.
- Delegates to make their own arrangements if they wish to stay over at the venues.