The Institute of Hospitality
- is the professional body for managers and potential managers in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industries
- is an internationally recognised management organisation with UK and international regional branches
- covers all sectors of the industry including hotels, contract catering companies, restaurants, pubs and clubs, as well as leisure outlets, theme parks and sports venues
- is a registered charity and has a worldwide membership with a wide range of benefits
- provides members with designatory letters which confer a respected acknowledgement of an individual's qualifications and specific industry experience
- enables members to network with industry contacts, to develop professionally and to progress through the membership grades of the Institute
The Institute of Hospitality is a registered educational charity and works closely with all hospitality, leisure and tourism agencies, education and awarding bodies, and government departments, providing an interface between education and industry. The Institute is a recognised and authoritative international body in the field of accreditation for programmes of profesional study in hospitality, leisure, tourism, events and related subjects. Notable initiatives of the Institute include:
- HAVE a work experience development scheme which assists students in gaining more from their employment in the hospitality industry.
- The Business Climate helping the UK hospitality industry reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions.