New Fellows celebrate at the 2013 Fellows’ Dinner
4 March 2013
The great and the good of the international hospitality industry were out in force as nearly 300 Fellows of the Institute and their guests enjoyed a glamorous evening at the Landmark London Hotel, one of the capital's finest luxury hotels (25 February). A Champagne reception in the light and airy Gazebo was followed by a magnificent three-course dinner in the Grand Ballroom.
New Fellows were introduced and welcomed by the Institute's chief executive Peter Ducker FIH and chairman Andrew Lockwood FIH; and Harry Murray FIH, chairman, Lucknam Park Hotel and Spa.
Sixty hospitality professionals have become Fellows of the Institute in the last year and many were present at the dinner to celebrate their new status (pictured right):
- Kathryn Chambers FIH, director, Onecall Hospitality
- Simon Dobson FIH, managing director, Delaware North
- Gordon Carson FIH, director, Carson Catering
- David Cochrane FIH, chief executive, the Hospitality Industry Trust Scotland
- Giovanna Grossi FIH, area manager London and SE England, AA Hotel Services
- Stephen Mannock FIH, general manager, Wivenhoe House ( The Edge Hotel School)
- Martyn Harper FIH, general manager, Graysons Restaurants
- Laurence McCarthy FIH, partner, The Russell Partnership
- Teresa Reynolds FIH, business development director, Especial Catering Equipment Design, Distribution and Consultancy
- Wendy Sutherland FIH, principal consultant, Ramsay Todd
- Paula Rogers FIH, managing director, Admiral Group
- Michael Sloan FIH, general manager, Novotel London West
The dinner raised £4,520 for the Janus Foundation, the Institute's benevolent initiative to provide specific practical professional development support to supervisors and junior managers in the hospitality industry.
The Champagne and wines were kindly sponsored by Bibendum Wines and Michael Finnigan, a life coach and CEO of i2i, gave an inspirational after-dinner speech.
View the full list of new Fellows 2012-13
View all photographs from the night